It’s the last week of our Kickstarter, and the last chance to order Zombie Fight or Flight as a gift for someone this holiday season!
We’ve had quite a few people commenting on the game’s gift giving potential. Here are some of the ideas we’ve heard:
- At $26CAN, a regular deck makes a great stocking stuffer! Or Secret Santa gift!
- Mediator Wendy Lakusta began giving collaborative games to children she knows after her first Game Jam in 2014. She’s found that parents thank her for finding games that the children enjoy, and that don’t lead to fights! Zombie Fight or Flight fits nicely in that gift-giving pocket: fun, easy-to-learn, and doesn’t result in board flipping and tears!
- The Drunken Zombie deck is a unique collaborative drinking version with fun art work! Great for an adult get-together or party host gift!
- We know at least one teacher is receiving the Classroom Pack of 5 decks and lesson plans from parents in their class.
- Looking for something for a workplace? Zombie Fight or Flight in the lunchroom is a great way to break up the day and re-energize. And it doubles as team building simply by virtue of its collaborative approach and the ways in which you necessarily start learning about each others’ conflict styles.
- As Joan suggests in her blog post on multi-generational families, Zombie Fight or Flight might be the right game for holiday get togethers where competitive games exacerbate pre-existing conflict.
- Sharon pulls together gift ideas for mediators and conflict resolution professionals every year and has been suggesting, amongst other possibilities, various collaborative games that have applications for training or use in actual mediations. Zombie Fight or Flight will definitely be on her list this year! And for the conflict resolution trainer or human resources professional on your list, consider the Trainer’s Pack with 4 games and downloadable trainer’s manual. Just remember you won’t be able to get the game in December if you don’t order it this week.
As well, many organizations run toy drives at this time of the year. A frequent challenge is getting enough gifts for teens. Zombie Fight or Flight is teen-tested and offers a new and different option for toy drives. Consider donating a game or two to your local agency.
Pledge by Black Friday to ensure Zombie Fight or Flight is funded! We expect to have orders in the mail by the Canada Post Christmas shipping deadline for Canada and the USA. Pick up is also available in Vancouver, BC on December 17th.