We all fall into patterns in all aspects of our lives; and that includes developing patterns in the ways that we engage in conversations. While social media offer more and more new ways to engage, it’s not surprising that patterns emerge in online conversations, too. Baby Boomers, for example, are the most likely generation to open facebook daily, while a LinkedIn study tells us that 42% of Millennials listen to at least one podcast every week. It’s clear that how and where we engage online (or in person, for that matter), will have a big influence on whom we engage with.
Along with co-host, C.D. Saint, Amanda has been exploring the world of podcasting for conflict resolution professionals. Amanda and CD produce and host Overthinking Conflict – which we all highly recommend! Here, Amanda shares her top 7 podcast recommendations for folx looking for a different way to learn about conflict resolution topics.
- Dear HBR– Advice by the Harvard Business Review, mostly focusing on communication!
- Code Switch– Exploring race and identity
- The Look and Sound of Leadership– Uses narrated stories of coaching sessions to explore leadership and communication skills
- The Space Between– Short Conflict Resolution Tools delivered through story
- LeVar Burton Reads– Lovely short stories
- The Bright Sessions– A fictional audio drama about a therapist for the strange and unusual.
- Within the Wires– Fictional found audio style story in an alternative history
You can check out more of Amanda’s thoughts on podcasting here.