It’s the first Follow Friday of 2019 so we’re encouraging folx to explore some of the ways Twitter can bring more creativity and joy to our work. We’ve contributed a few ideas of accounts we follow to inspire us and make us smile, and our reasons for recommending them to you!
- I follow fellow mediators as a way of staying in contact with my dispute resolution community:
- I follow Chief Judge Dillard because he is a great example of how a neutral can be a part of the twittersphere.
- Chief Judge Dillard – @JudgeDillard
- I follow legal tech folks as it inspires me to think about how legal tech connects with conflict resolution.
- Seattle Legal Tech – @legaltechSEA
- And I love dogs, so I follow this one because it makes me smile.
- I’ve Pet That Dog – @IvePetThatDog
- Pure joy: We Rate Dogs – @dog_rates
- Creativity in short bursts: NaNoWordSprints – @NaNoWordSprints
- Game to Grow – @gametogrow I’m inspired by folx exploring the ways in which games can do so much more than entertain.
- Orkney Library – @orkneylibrary I happened to travel to Orkney in 2017, but you don’t need to have ever been there to enjoy the creativity and humour of the library account! Makes me happy and is a great example of engaging through Twitter.
- Dr. Katherine J. Mack – @astrokatie An astrophysicist with 290K followers for a reason: she’s funny, insightful, and shares ideas and knowledge I’d never encounter in my usual academic/practice circles.