We have delivered almost all of our Zombie Fight or Flight Kickstarter orders now. Most arrived in time for Christmas, and we understand that the game made an appearance in many a stocking! Some of our favourite holidays stories so far include:
- The discovery that very young children who might find the regular deck a bit scary, seem to be drawn to the Drunken cards! We have one young friend that won’t look at the regular deck, but thinks drunken zombies are hilarious.
- Tweets like this one that remind us of those few times we started out with a win when teaching the game. It’s a very different experience when the group starts out thinking it’s easy!
- Lots of notes from surprised players who discovered their family didn’t get into a fight playing the game!
We heard this last comment more times than we can count. And clearly, stories like this one underscore just how often games and family squabbles go together over the holidays! (When a game causes so many problems that it makes sense to set up a mediation hotline over the holidays, it may just be time to try a collaborative game!)
We’re in the first stages of planning another Collaborative Game Jam this spring, so studies on common points of contention in games offer a rather useful staring point for what to avoid in new game design. If you’re interested in joining us, send us a note to be added to the “interested” list. We’ll let you know when dates are finalized.
Finally, you can still purchase a copy of Zombie Fight or Flight (original or drunken versions). There are three ways to make a purchase:
- Go to one of our supporting retailers (Dave’s Pop Culture in Ladner, BC or Zulu’s Board Game Cafe in Bothell, WA)
- Purchase online here
- Send us an email at email@example.com to arrange purchase through Interac e-Transfer, Paypal or in-person in the Vancouver or Seattle area.
Wishing everyone a happy 2017!